Location: Edinburgh or Remote
Type: Full Time
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to join our Engineering team to help develop FreeAgent, our flagship app, and contribute towards our mission of democratising accounting for small businesses across the world!
We’re the leading UK online accounting platform with over 33,000 delighted customers and continued high growth. We have a brilliant team of engineers and designers who are developing with cutting-edge tech at scale. We have a wealth of technical challenges for you to solve and we can provide a friendly, creative and collaborative environment in which to solve them.
- Design and implement new app features using a pragmatic, test-driven approach
- Refactor legacy code to improve it’s maintainability, testability and scalability
- Contribute to the development of our team and its culture
- Develop new and innovative things with our product (and the data generated from it)
Valued qualities and experience
- Strong background in software engineering
- An impressive track record of writing high quality commercial web applications
- Excellent understanding of SQL and query optimisation
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch
- Comprehensive understanding of OOD, design patterns, refactoring, SRP, etc.
- BSc/Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Previous startup experience
- Experience working on large, high-volume web apps
This is a full time position based in our lovely office in the West End of Edinburgh. We have a relocation package available and Edinburgh is a fantastic place to live!
The office is full of good food and drink (free team lunch every Friday!), and lots of friendly teammates who like a good laugh. We offer paid international conference visits as well as regular company hack days. We’ll also consider a remote working arrangement for exceptional EU candidates. Five of our engineering team are fully remote.
We have a flat engineering structure and we work closely with all the other internal teams. Our company culture is very transparent and we believe in working collaboratively to solve problems across the business.
How to apply
If you’re interested, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and/or Github and tell us how you can help!
How to Apply
Send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com and tell us why you want to work at FreeAgent.
You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. Creativity and heart are rewarded.
We work hard on challenging problems but have a good time doing it. You’ll join a team of smart, friendly people who dig that work/life balance.
Our app is loved by thousands of people worldwide, and we’re making a real difference to the way businesses manage their finances.
We pay well and you’ll have the best kit, flexible hours, 33 days annual leave, pension scheme and more.