Video: self-employed business expenses by HMRC
Earlier this month we teamed up with HMRC to give you another chance to watch our joint webinar on the hot topic of business expenses for sole traders and partnerships.
In the session, HMRC provided clarity on some of the essential aspects of self-employed business expenses, including:
- the definition of a business expense
- which business expenses are commonly allowable
- how simplified expenses for working from home and using a vehicle work
- principles of good record keeping
You can check out the recording of the webinar below:
Looking for more support?
Keen to learn even more about business expenses? Then head over to our expenses hub page, where you’ll find lots of other helpful resources!
- Everything you need to fill out your 2017/18 Self Assessment tax return
- 5 New Year’s resolutions for freelancers & small businesses
- Turkey or tax? Four reasons to start your Self Assessment over the Christmas holidays
- Hark the business angels sing! (and other ways to fund a business)
- Seasonal Spotlight: Ashley Laird, Support Accountant