Video: capital allowances explained by HMRC
With the Self Assessment filing deadline of Sunday 31st January on the horizon, we’ve teamed up with HMRC to deliver another webinar for sole traders and partners.
If you have to declare capital allowances on your tax return this year, this webinar should come in very handy. It covers:
- the key differences between capital assets and business expenses
- how to claim capital allowances for the purchase of capital assets
- how capital allowances work for cars
- how the annual investment allowance works
Looking for more support?
If you’re getting ready to prepare and file your 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return and need some additional support, why not download our step-by-step guide for preparing and filing your 2014/15 tax return? It talks you through each stage of the process and provides lots of additional hints and tips to help you complete each section of the Self Assessment form. We’ve written two versions of the guide: one for sole and traders and partners, and one for limited company directors.
- Everything you need to fill out your 2017/18 Self Assessment tax return
- 5 New Year’s resolutions for freelancers & small businesses
- Tackling non-payment with Nimbla
- Turkey or tax? Four reasons to start your Self Assessment over the Christmas holidays
- Hark the business angels sing! (and other ways to fund a business)