Introducing CIS subcontractor support
If you work in the construction industry then you’ve probably heard of the Construction Industry Scheme. If you haven’t, you can safely ignore this article and enjoy those two minutes of your life back.
Still with me? OK, so CIS affects both contractors and subcontractors working in the construction industry. With this release, FreeAgent supports the obligations for subcontractors.
In practice this means:
- Raising CIS invoices with the appropriate deductions
- Automatically filing CIS deductions through payroll
- Knowing how much you're owed from your contractor customers
- Reconciling payments received with CIS deductions
To get started read our detailed guide on how FreeAgent supports CIS for subcontractors.
Until next time,
Roan and the team at FreeAgent
- Autumn Budget 2017: business as usual for small businesses
- Customer stories - Village by Village
- Autumn Budget 2017: what you need to know about the second Budget of the year
- Do workers dream of electric bosses? 31% say they would be happy to work for a 'robo-boss'
- Digital detox: the freelancer's guide to switching off