We’ve achieved Cyber Essentials certification!
Keeping your financial data secure in your FreeAgent account is extremely important to us. As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, we’re very pleased to announce that FreeAgent has achieved certification to the UK government’s Cyber Essentials scheme.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Our certification marks another step on our journey of continuous security improvement and adds a level of external, independent assurance that we’re doing the right things to help protect our systems and services. For more information on some of the other measures we’re taking, please see our security page.
- How to save on gas and electricity bills when you work from home
- 4 business lessons to learn from Queen
- Zombie companies: how to know if your business is walking dead
- Autumn Budget 2018: what's in store for small businesses?
- 5 simple mind tricks to help get your invoices paid on time