You may have noticed that we experienced some unexpected and unscheduled downtime this morning. We're really sorry about this and want to give you a full update on what happened.
During our scheduled maintenance period last night we pushed a major update to FreeAgent, upgrading our software platform to Rails 3/Ruby 1.9.2. This morning we realised there were some issues arising from this so we made the decision to roll back to the previous version of the software.
This took longer than we would have liked because we wanted to check that the issues discovered this morning were definitely resolved.
I just want to let everyone know that there's absolutely no data loss or corruption associated with this downtime, so there's nothing to worry about there.
I'm very sorry that we let you down this morning. We set ourselves high standards with respect to the service we provide, and we've obviously not met those today.
- Why the first week of April is the best time to switch to a new accounting system
- Last-minute tax saving tips
- Budget 2017 update: some good news for freelancers
- Could you run your small business from your smartphone?
- Budget 2017: another rough ride for freelancers