The fireworks and hot dogs might be finished, but we've got one more summer treat for you: FreeAgent is now as American as apple pie!
A few weeks ago we announced the formation of a new US Team, whose main focus will be improving FreeAgent for businesses in the States.
They've been busy beavers, and today we're delighted to announce the launch of FreeAgent America.
To kick things off, we've made a number of important changes for US businesses:
- Real Americans don't use letters in their zip code, so we've ditched the postcodes and updated our address formats on invoices, estimates and timesheets
- We've removed unnecessary tax and company registration numbers from invoice templates
- Dates are now displayed correctly (for you guys anyway) throughout the app and on invoices/estimates
- You can now add a custom sales tax rate for invoice and estimate items
- We've improved the handling of timezones throughout the app
A lot of this stuff is housecleaning, but we've got exciting new things coming soon.
New account types
There are five new account types: Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company, C Corp and S Corp, and we'll be rolling out specific features for these soon.
If you have an existing Universal account you can now switch this over to one of our new US accounts by going to Settings > Company Details and changing the account type.
Same old price…for a limited time only
New accounts will cost $24 per month, but all existing US subscribers will be grandfathered at $20 per month.
If you've not yet subscribed, do it before the end of July and pay only $20 per month! After that it goes up to $24. This applies to new signups, or if you reactivate an old account.
Have a nice day y'all,
Roan & The Team at FreeAgent.
- Commercial savvy: what small businesses can learn from this year’s Christmas ads
- Staying on top when you’re under the weather: tips for small business owners
- Five things we’ve learned about UK micro-businesses in 2017
- Customer stories - Village by Village
- Autumn Budget 2017: business as usual for small businesses