Achievement unlocked: FreeAgent approved by HMRC to support Making Tax Digital for VAT
We’re delighted to report that HMRC has announced FreeAgent as one of just a handful of software suppliers supporting Making Tax Digital (MTD) for VAT.
This announcement comes as a significant milestone on our MTD journey. We’ve been working closely with HMRC over the last few months to get our product up to scratch and to ensure our software provides the best possible experience for small businesses and accountants who will be submitting VAT returns under MTD as of next April.
To make it onto HMRC’s shortlist we had to:
- test FreeAgent’s MTD for VAT capabilities in HMRC’s test environment
- demonstrate a prototype of our software to HMRC
We will continue to work with HMRC to help shape MTD and to ensure that this brave new world of digital tax is as simple as possible for our users.
To keep up to date with our preparations and to discover more about what you need to do to get ready for MTD for VAT check out our MTD guides and resources.
George is Product Manager for Compliance at FreeAgent. He recently passed his final CIMA exam and has over eight years of experience working in accounting and finance.
- A trio of trophies for FreeAgent!
- Seasonal Spotlight: Eva Koleli, Senior Software Engineer
- Will Santa be sleighed by tax this year?
- How saying thank you can help your small business
- 5 reasons to stop using spreadsheets for accounting in 2019