Talking freelancer expenses with the PCG
If you’re a regular reader of our blog, you’ll know that we’re good friends with the folks over at the PCG - the organisation that represents freelancers, contractors and consultants in the UK.
Last year we worked closely with them when we held our very first National Freelancer’s Day social here at FreeAgent Towers, where we invited local freelancers to join us for an open forum to talk about their experiences, do some networking and enjoy a few beers. And we’ve now got another special PCG event coming up for you to put in your diaries!
We’re hosting a seminar at our offices next week, all about the tax and expenses issues that freelancers have to know about. We’ve got a special guest slot from Abbey Tax Protection (the people you speak to if you’ve ever called the PCG’s tax & legal helplines) about the key issues surrounding IR35, and our awesome Chief Accountant Emily Coltman will also be on hand to talk about freelancers’ taxes and expenses.
Best of all it’s completely free! So if you’re a freelancer in Central Scotland, a PCG member or just someone who wants to know more about the taxes and expenses that freelancers and contractors have to deal with, come along and join us on September 4th.
Full details about the event and how to book a space can be found over on the PCG website. Hope to see you there!
- Giving small businesses a boost with Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest
- Less than 2 weeks to go! Here’s how to avoid Self AsSTRESSment
- New Year, new plan: how automating tasks can make 2017 your most successful year yet
- Five things we’ve learned about the UK’s smallest businesses in 2016
- FreeAgent Mobile: don't sweat your business health