Software Satisfaction Awards Win!
We're a bit late catching up with this one, but it's been a hectic week here at FreeAgent.
Last week we attended the Software Satisfaction Awards 2009, held at the Hogwarts-esque Royal Courts of Justice in London. A start-studded (well Robert Llewellyn from Red Dwarf and Scrapheap Challenge was there!) event celebrating the last year of UK Software Industry. Predictably, the main focus was around the "cloud" with online vendors dominating in most categories across the board.
Most of the FreeAgent team were there, suited and booted, as we were lucky enough to be nominated for 2 awards: Best Online Accounting App and Best Newcomer. We came runner-up in the Best Online Accounting App category and won the award for Best Newcomer across all categories!
The night was also a great chance to meet some of our partners (like Javelin) and "competitors", all of whom are thoroughly nice chaps, and there's a surprising amount of camaraderie amongst the small group of online accounting vendors currently trying to shake-up the traditional world of clunky and confusing desktop accounting software.
Thank you to all our users who supported us and voted for us in the awards. We look forward to doing it all again next year.
- Giving small businesses a boost with Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest
- Less than 2 weeks to go! Here’s how to avoid Self AsSTRESSment
- New Year, new plan: how automating tasks can make 2017 your most successful year yet
- Five things we’ve learned about the UK’s smallest businesses in 2016
- FreeAgent Mobile: don't sweat your business health