Software Satisfaction Awards Win!
We're a bit late catching up with this one, but it's been a hectic week here at FreeAgent.
Last week we attended the Software Satisfaction Awards 2009, held at the Hogwarts-esque Royal Courts of Justice in London. A start-studded (well Robert Llewellyn from Red Dwarf and Scrapheap Challenge was there!) event celebrating the last year of UK Software Industry. Predictably, the main focus was around the "cloud" with online vendors dominating in most categories across the board.
Most of the FreeAgent team were there, suited and booted, as we were lucky enough to be nominated for 2 awards: Best Online Accounting App and Best Newcomer. We came runner-up in the Best Online Accounting App category and won the award for Best Newcomer across all categories!
The night was also a great chance to meet some of our partners (like Javelin) and "competitors", all of whom are thoroughly nice chaps, and there's a surprising amount of camaraderie amongst the small group of online accounting vendors currently trying to shake-up the traditional world of clunky and confusing desktop accounting software.
Thank you to all our users who supported us and voted for us in the awards. We look forward to doing it all again next year.
- Autumn Budget 2017: what you need to know about the second Budget of the year
- Do workers dream of electric bosses? 31% say they would be happy to work for a 'robo-boss'
- Digital detox: the freelancer's guide to switching off
- FreeAgent wins at the Software Excellence Awards
- Turning over a new leaf: tips for organising your bookkeeping in autumn