Up for a Challenge
Tomorrow morning, as dawn breaks across the majestic splendour of the Cairngorm mountains, an intrepid group of FreeAgent employees will embark on an endeavour sure to test their spirit, mettle, fitness and possibly integrity.
Yes, it’s the Cairngorm Challenge tomorrow in aid of children’s charity Barnardo’s Scotland.
Three routes are possible, and (in the same way as we always choose the next-but-cheapest wine on the menu) we’ve decided to go for the Silver option: a 20km hike up and down Cairn Gorm itself, followed by a 55km bike round the Queen’s and Abernethy forests.
This kind of thing is new to all of us, but we’ve really enjoyed the training so far and are optimistic of getting round in good order tomorrow. Having said that, we have organised a series of briefings today where individual employees with unique knowledge are imparting some of that to the rest of the team. Just in case, you understand.
Most importantly it’s all in aid of a great cause: Barnardo’s does fantastic work across the UK with vulnerable kids, so please do sponsor one (or indeed all!) of us here.
- How MTD will work for businesses with an accounting year that doesn't match the tax year
- Important news for contractors - changes to IR35
- New tax year: what has changed?
- New VAT flat rate scheme rate for certain businesses
- Why the first week of April is the best time to switch to a new accounting system