Video: an introduction to VAT by HMRC
We know that VAT can be a confusing topic for small businesses; our chief accountant, Emily, nicknames it “Very Awkward Tax” for a reason!
With this in mind, we teamed up once again with our friends at HMRC to produce a webinar introducing some of the key principles of VAT for businesses.
If you’ve ever felt confused by VAT, or if you’re simply unsure how it affects your business, this webinar will come in very handy. Presented by HMRC, the session covers:
- what VAT is and how it works
- when you need (or can choose) to register for VAT
- what you must do once you're registered
- how and when to claim, charge and pay VAT
Looking for more support?
If you’d like to learn more about VAT after watching the webinar recording, why not head over to our VAT hub page, where you’ll find lots of helpful articles and other resources to help you get to grips with VAT!
- How to save on gas and electricity bills when you work from home
- 4 business lessons to learn from Queen
- Zombie companies: how to know if your business is walking dead
- Autumn Budget 2018: what's in store for small businesses?
- 5 simple mind tricks to help get your invoices paid on time