Video: capital allowances explained by HMRC
With the Self Assessment filing deadline of Sunday 31st January on the horizon, we’ve teamed up with HMRC to deliver another webinar for sole traders and partners.
If you have to declare capital allowances on your tax return this year, this webinar should come in very handy. It covers:
- the key differences between capital assets and business expenses
- how to claim capital allowances for the purchase of capital assets
- how capital allowances work for cars
- how the annual investment allowance works
Looking for more support?
If you’re getting ready to prepare and file your 2014/15 Self Assessment tax return and need some additional support, why not download our step-by-step guide for preparing and filing your 2014/15 tax return? It talks you through each stage of the process and provides lots of additional hints and tips to help you complete each section of the Self Assessment form. We’ve written two versions of the guide: one for sole and traders and partners, and one for limited company directors.
- Autumn Budget 2017: what you need to know about the second Budget of the year
- Do workers dream of electric bosses? 31% say they would be happy to work for a 'robo-boss'
- Digital detox: the freelancer's guide to switching off
- FreeAgent wins at the Software Excellence Awards
- Turning over a new leaf: tips for organising your bookkeeping in autumn