Video: learn how to avoid common tax mistakes with our latest joint webinar with HMRC
Back in September we announced that we’ve teamed up with HMRC to deliver a series of joint webinars for small business owners.
The latest webinar in the series, delivered by HMRC’s super-friendly online education team, sheds light on some of the common tax issues that can trip up sole traders and partners.
The webinar covers:
- accounting dates and periods
- accounting methods and how they work
- the simplified expenses scheme for business use of vehicle costs
- the simplified expenses scheme for business use of home costs
Getting ready to file your Self Assessment tax return?
If you’re a sole trader or partner and you’re getting ready to file your 2014/15 tax return, our next webinar with HMRC could be incredibly helpful. It’s designed to explain everything you need to know about capital allowances, including:
- the difference between day-to-day business expenses and capital expenses
- the process for claiming allowances for the purchase of capital assets such as vehicles and machinery
- the different rates of allowances that apply for different types of assets
- how to calculate the ratio of business use to personal use of a capital asset
The webinar will take place on Wednesday 13th January 2016 at 11am.
Registrations are already open, so if you’re a sole trader or partner and you’re getting ready to file your 2014/15 tax return, you can head over to the webinar registration page and book your place today.
- A spring clean for FreeAgent Mobile
- Contractors, awaken your inner CEO! An accountant’s point of view
- Pre-election Finance Bill adds to MTD uncertainty
- How MTD will work for businesses with an accounting year that doesn't match the tax year
- New tax year: what has changed?