We'll pay you to use FreeAgent
Since we launched, our referral programme has been hugely successful for us. If you don't know about it, then here's how it works:
- Every FreeAgent user gets a unique referral code
- Pass this on to others and when they become a subscriber you both get 10% off your subscription cost for as long as they subscribe
- These add up so once you've referred 10 people, you'll be using FreeAgent for nothing
A growing number of proactive users are now using FreeAgent free of charge, and you can see John O'Nolan mentioning this in his video testimonial here. It's a win-win situation: they use FreeAgent for nothing and we get more customers.
But why stop there? Once someone has reached a free subscription there's not much incentive to keep promoting the product, something they're obviously very good at. Well, this is where our new Evangelism programme comes in.
Our new scheme means that once you've reached 10 referrals you're entitled to join our Evangelist programme, which lets you earn money from subsequent referrals. When you become an Evangelist you can choose either:
- a one-off reward of twice the monthly subscription fee of each new referral (i.e. up to £50), or
- an ongoing 20% share of the ongoing subscription payments from that new subscriber.
It's completely up to you what you pick: a big chunk up front or smaller ongoing payments.
It's important to point out that you don't become an Evangelist automatically, you do have to sign up, so if you are interested then get in touch and we can let you know what's involved.
Where things get interesting
We had a enquiry yesterday from a customer who is developing an iPhone app (yay!) for FreeAgent. As part of the app, there's a link back to FreeAgent and the customer asked if he should be using a referral code.
We told him it was his app, so he should use his referral code, which got us to thinking about an interesting scenario.
- FreeAgent user joins our Evangelist programme
- User creates iPhone or other mobile app integrated with FreeAgent
- Gives it away or sells it on the App Store
- Includes referral code within the app
- App now earns the user up to £50 for everyone that subscribes to FreeAgent via the app
Makes you think doesn't it?
- New Year, new plan: how automating tasks can make 2017 your most successful year yet
- Five things we’ve learned about the UK’s smallest businesses in 2016
- FreeAgent Mobile: don't sweat your business health
- Spreadsheets versus FreeAgent: an accountant’s point of view
- Autumn Statement 2016: contractors feel the impact