Why you should go for a walk today
As the days are getting longer and warmer, it’s a great time to get out of the office and stretch your legs with a quick power walk. But walking doesn’t just provide you with physical exercise; it could also have a big impact on the way you work:
As walking could make you healthier, more productive and more creative, why not try to incorporate a regular walk into other areas of your working life? Perhaps installing a treadmill desk will help you stay focussed on those fiddly bits of work that you have to do, or maybe you could follow in the footsteps of Aristotle and Steve Jobs and hold walking meetings instead of boardroom chats? And rather than attending traditional networking events, could you join a netwalking group instead? Remember, walking doesn’t necessarily have to be all about exercising!
Do you take regular walks during the day? How does this affect the way you work? Hit us up on Twitter or leave a comment and let us know.
- Know how long it will take your Self Assessment payment to reach HMRC
- Five ways for small businesses to beat the Monday blues
- Ask the accountant: freelance finance questions answered
- New Year’s resolutions from small business owners
- Merry Christmas from FreeAgent!