Free Self Assessment ChecklistGet to a happy place with your tax return
Your guide to a stress-free Self Assessment journey
Not sure that you’ve got everything covered in your Self Assessment tax return? FreeAgent’s Chief Accountant Emily Coltman has developed a series of checklists that guide you through the key topics for Self Assessment to help you stay on top of things, and in a happy place this January!
Your Self Assessment Checklist includes:
- An overview of Self Assessment registration and who should file - in plain English!
- A list of expenses that you should and shouldn't claim
- Checklists to make sure you're not missing important income or expenses
- Key deadlines and dates for your return
- Details on how to file and how to pay the HMRC
- Information for Sole Traders, Partnerships, and Directors of Limited Companies
About the author
Emily Coltman FCA, Chief Accountant to FreeAgent, is a very unusual Chartered Accountant - she is bilingual in accounting-speak and plain English!
A graduate of the University of Cambridge, Emily has been working with small businesses for the past 16 years and is passionate about helping their owners lose their fear of "the numbers" and the taxman. She is the author of two e-books, "Finance for Small Business" and "Micro Multinationals".