See the Tax Timeline in your calendar
This article explains how to synchronise the FreeAgent Tax Timeline with your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar.
The FreeAgent Tax Timeline displays a live projection of how much money you owe to HMRC and when you owe it, so you’ll know how much to set aside for tax bills. You can export the details of your tax deadlines into your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar by following these steps.
1. Enable the calendar feed
To start, select 'Settings' and 'Calendar feeds'.
Then select the 'Enable access' button in the 'Calendar feed status' area.
2. Download the Tax Timeline
Right-click on 'Tax Timeline' in the ‘iCal timeline feeds’ area and select ‘Copy link address’.
3. Link the Tax Timeline to your calendar
Linking your Tax Timeline to your Google, Outlook or iCal calendar will import your forthcoming tax deadlines into your calendar. As new deadlines come up, your calendar will be automatically updated with the details.
Linking to a Google calendar
- Open your Google calendar
- Open the ‘Other Calendars’ drop-down menu
- Select ‘Add by URL’ and paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- Select ‘Add calendar’
Linking to an iCal calendar
- Open your iCal calendar
- Navigate to ‘File’
- Select ‘New calendar subscription’ and paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box
- Select ‘Subscribe’
Linking to an Outlook calendar
- Open your Outlook calendar
- Navigate to ‘File’ and ‘Account settings’
- Open the ‘Internet calendars’ tab and select ‘New’
- Paste the Tax Timeline link address into the text box and select ‘Add’
- In the ‘Folder name’ field, write the name of the calendar as you want it to appear in Outlook and select ‘OK’
- Select the ‘Other calendars’ checkbox in the calendar view to display the Tax Timeline calendar alongside your primary Outlook calendar.
Did you find this article useful?
We're glad to hear that!
...and thanks for taking the time to feed back, it's appreciated.
We’re sorry to hear that. Would you like to...
Contact our support team
Our friendly, experienced support team are on hand to help - just email us at email@example.com
Send us some feedback...
We'd love to hear your feedback about this article - please email details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your feedback!
If you still need some help please contact our support team.