We’ve achieved Cyber Essentials certification!
Keeping your financial data secure in your FreeAgent account is extremely important to us. As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, we’re very pleased to announce that FreeAgent has achieved certification to the UK government’s Cyber Essentials scheme.
Jointly developed by the UK government and cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK. It outlines the controls that all organisations should implement to help mitigate risks from common internet-based threats.
Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within the business
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Our certification marks another step on our journey of continuous security improvement and adds a level of external, independent assurance that we’re doing the right things to help protect our systems and services. For more information on some of the other measures we’re taking, please see our security page.
20 November 2018: We are pleased to announce that, following an independent, on-site audit of our security controls, we are now certified to the Cyber Essential Plus standard.
- Everything you need to fill out your 2017/18 Self Assessment tax return
- 5 New Year’s resolutions for freelancers & small businesses
- Turkey or tax? Four reasons to start your Self Assessment over the Christmas holidays
- Hark the business angels sing! (and other ways to fund a business)
- Seasonal Spotlight: Ashley Laird, Support Accountant