If you've been watching or reading the news this week you will probably have heard of the Heartbleed bug. Some customers have been justifiably concerned about this, so we wanted to let you know what we’ve done to secure your data.
We were alerted to this issue early on Tuesday morning and our Operations team promptly rolled out a version of OpenSSL with the affected component removed across all our servers. As a precautionary measure we have also replaced all the SSL certificates being used across our network, and asked our certificate issuer to revoke the old ones. These changes will have been transparent to customers.
Given the nature of the vulnerability and the fact we reacted promptly, the likelihood that passwords or sensitive data have been exposed is very low. That said, it is not possible to be certain, so we recommend customers change their FreeAgent password at the first possible convenience.
- 4 ways to keep your business ticking over while you travel
- Business on the beach: five holiday reads for freelancers
- Self Assessment: what you need to know about payments on account
- 6 reasons to file Self Assessment right now
- Self Assessment filing for 2016/17 is live