If you've been watching or reading the news this week you will probably have heard of the Heartbleed bug. Some customers have been justifiably concerned about this, so we wanted to let you know what we’ve done to secure your data.
We were alerted to this issue early on Tuesday morning and our Operations team promptly rolled out a version of OpenSSL with the affected component removed across all our servers. As a precautionary measure we have also replaced all the SSL certificates being used across our network, and asked our certificate issuer to revoke the old ones. These changes will have been transparent to customers.
Given the nature of the vulnerability and the fact we reacted promptly, the likelihood that passwords or sensitive data have been exposed is very low. That said, it is not possible to be certain, so we recommend customers change their FreeAgent password at the first possible convenience.
- Making Tax Digital: taking our next steps with HMRC’s public pilot
- Credit card bank feeds are live
- World Mental Health Day - the ups and downs of running a small business
- Introducing FreeAgent FM!
- Six months to go before Making Tax Digital for VAT begins