Team FreeAgent runs for Mind
Mind over matter? It definitely was for the FreeAgent team members who took part in the 2017 Edinburgh Marathon Festival last weekend!
A group of us decided to raise money for Mind, the mental health charity, in memory of our much-missed colleague Graeme Mathieson. So on Sunday we took to the streets of Edinburgh to run the marathon in three relay teams, with each runner taking on a distance of either eight or five miles.
Overcoming a number of obstacles on the day, including lost bus drivers, extremely hot weather and injuries, we all finished safely and - just about - smiling!
We were also very proud to see our colleagues Tom, Murray and Donald complete other events at the festival, with Donald acing the half marathon, and Tom and Murray both smashing their first full marathons!
Big thanks to our senior content editor, Jess, for being one of the awesome marshals, and to FreeAgent support accountants Stuart and Ioannis for turning up at the end to cheer us home!
Our fundraising page is still open if you would like to donate.
- Improved Guess for transactions
- Commercial savvy: what small businesses can learn from this year’s Christmas ads
- Staying on top when you’re under the weather: tips for small business owners
- Five things we’ve learned about UK micro-businesses in 2017
- Customer stories - Village by Village