Keen to prepare your practice and clients for the introduction of Making Tax Digital for Income Tax Self Assessment (MTD for ITSA) in April 2024? Our Practice Partners can now use FreeAgent to make MTD for ITSA submissions on behalf of their qualifying sole trader clients as part of HMRC’s pilot programme.
Making MTD for ITSA filing submissions before the legislation comes into effect in April 2024 will allow you to familiarise yourself and your clients with the process. FreeAgent can now support MTD for ITSA filing in the 2022/23 tax year for Practice Partners with an agent services account whose sole trader clients:
- are UK residents
- already keep digital records
- are registered for Self Assessment
- have submitted at least one Self Assessment tax return
- are up to date with their tax records, with no outstanding tax liabilities
- have an accounting period that aligns exactly to the tax year
If you’re interested in taking part in HMRC’s MTD for ITSA pilot programme and using FreeAgent to make MTD for ITSA submissions on behalf of your qualifying clients in the 2022/23 tax year, get in touch to request a no-obligation free trial and begin your FreeAgent journey.