National Freelancers Day 2009
You may or may not be aware that the 23rd of November is National Freelancers Day, celebrating the fantastic contribution made by freelancers, contractors and consultants to the UK economy.
The genesis of FreeAgent was born from both a belief in the freelancer as the "future of working", and an appreciation for the difficulties in managing the money side of things, so it's only right we get involved somehow.
Our own Ed Molyneux will be taking part in a panel debate organised by the Professional Contractors Group at the Apex Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, 23rd November from 6.30pm onwards, and there are still places available to anyone who'd like to attend. Full details of the Edinburgh event, and all other local events, are on the National Freelancers Day website.
See you there.
- Video: VAT accounting schemes explained by HMRC
- Cough up! A practical guide to getting paid on time
- Hello FreeAgent, goodbye bank holiday envy!
- Team FreeAgent runs for Mind
- Business basics: how to price your freelance work