Speaking at the Future of Web Apps
There's some exciting news this week as it's been announced that I'll be presenting at the Future of Web Apps this year as part of their UK Tour.
I'll be speaking at the Edinburgh event (naturally) on the subject of "Turning your Big Idea into a Business" and I'll be covering several of the popular business models for web applications and how that relates to pricing and revenue generation.
Our experiences, and the lessons learned, with FreeAgent will obviously feature prominently but I'll also be drawing on my past life as the Creative Director of a web agency, so there should be perspectives from different sides of the fence.
The event itself is split into a half day workshop on "How to build on the Cloud" followed by the half day conference talks, and tickets are priced at £59 + VAT.
It takes place on the 27th of May 2009 at the Sun Microsystems Briefing Centre in Linlithgow, near Edinburgh.
If you are going make sure you get a change to say hello!
- How MTD will work for businesses with an accounting year that doesn't match the tax year
- Important news for contractors - changes to IR35
- New tax year: what has changed?
- New VAT flat rate scheme rate for certain businesses
- Why the first week of April is the best time to switch to a new accounting system